The human component is crucial for the creation of a national innovation system. This issue has been given a lot attention to for the last years. The centers of technology transfer, industrial parks, venture investments funds and other elements of the innovation infrastructure have been established in all the regions of the country. The government provides small innovative business with financial support.
However, it’s hardly to say that the economy of the country receives great amount of the innovative developments, new technologies, etc. The current situation is caused by many reasons, but ones of the main important of them belong to the personnel sphere.
First of all, we should mention the lack of innovative culture of the personnel at all the levels – from common employees to management. Speaking about the innovative culture we mean ability of personnel to find or create promising development, desire to complete it to the innovation level and understanding of the impetus, given by the use of someone’s innovations and by development of their own. The presence of the innovative culture will allow solving the following tasks:
– search for scientific development having potential for commercialization;
– identification of the innovative prospect and result obtained;
– organization of interaction of developers and innovative managers;
– acceleration of practical application of innovations.
The second reason – lack of the innovative managers and theoretical base of their educations. Now it is a serious problem to trained of innovative managers in Russia. With such human resource support of the national innovative system the efficient use of other types of resources, allocated foe the innovative economy establishment, is impossible. The level of their education leaves much to be desired too .
The third reason – lack of demand for the innovative managers. Analysis of job offers at most popular websites, dealing with employment issues, showed, that there only a few vacancies, connected with the work in the innovation sphere, out of hundred thousands of job offers.
Thus, nowadays and in the nearest future weakness of the human resource component is the main barrier to the national innovative system development.
Let’s consider the development possibilities of human resource component of the national innovative system:
1. Formation of the “innovative culture”. It is important in short terms (3-5 years) to teach the employees of various branches of the economy the innovations basics. The main basic course should contain:
– search, promotion and application of innovations including interaction of developer, heads at various levels, innovative managers etc. This part of the course is directed to generation of interest to innovations based on personal material interest;
– how to find the innovations. This part of the course determines the characteristic features of the innovations, how nor to miss the promosing result;
– whom to contact if one finds the innovations. This part tells about the innovative infrastructure of Russia.
This course needs a practical part in a form of business game.
2. Innovative managers training. This task lies in the preparation of several tens of thousands of the innovative managers during 3–5 years, which will have practical experience of work with innovations by the graduation from university. Provision of practical directionality in the innovation managers training. To solve this task it is necessary to do the following:
– innovation managers training at the senior courses has to be mainly done by the lectures having practical experience in the innovation sphere;
– education has to include 5–6 month practical training in the innovative company. Within this practice student completely prepares the innovative the innovative project and presents it to the potential investor;
– universities provided reinforcement of knowledge and practical skills;
– innovative companies got an opportunity to involve the students while preparing the innovative projects, and through that increased the volumes of their work;
– the students got the practical skills;
– increase of student’s number, practicing in the innovative firms;
– involvement of new universities and innovation firms;
– promotion of the opportunity for distant practice, which will allow attracting students from other cities.
Thus, the task of personnel component formation is necessary to build the innovative system of Russian economics. This task has several components, each of which can be realized if there is an understanding and support from the government and participation of innovative firms.The work is submitted to the International Scientific Conference “Science and education in modern Russia”, Moscow, November 13–15, 2014, came to the editorial office оn 03.10.2014.