Transition of higher education to a paradigm « formation during all life » is characterized by its strengthening of students orientations. The modern higher education is called to work on the future and by virtue of this mission should advance system of the requirements shown « here and now ». « Formation for employment should not be considered in isolation from formation for education of the citizen, from necessity of development of the person and formation of the public responsibility », - is spoken in the materials, the results of project TUNING devoted to the description.
Now sharply there is a problem of creation of conditions in educational system of high school for successful personally-professional self-determination of students. However the system of modern higher education does not put a special problem in formation and development in students of ability to predict the life, to find unique senses of the ability to live.
Traditional both habitual valuable norms and stereotypes cannot serve in conditions of dynamically changing realities of the modern world a reference point for the developing person putting significant efforts for search of the vital way. For realization so a challenge it is necessary to form special valuable-semantic installations by a life, to the experience, to build the personal position dictating need for judgement eventual of some the past and the future.
Self-determination of the student rather independent stage of socialization, which essence consists in formation at the individual of comprehension of the purpose and meaning of the life, readiness for independent ability to live on the basis of correlation of the desires, cash qualities, opportunities and the requirements shown to them from associates.
Despite of a significant amount of the works, devoted questions of professional self-determination, unresolved still have questions both on essence, and on interrelation of social and actually professional components of self-determination.
Becomes development of special methods obvious necessity and ways of psychological support and support of a developing person which would create conditions for development of ability to predict and comprehend the subsequent stages of the life and to form a professional image I.
The important condition of success of personally-professional self-determination at all grade levels, in our opinion, can become psychologic- pedagogical support of personally-professional self-determination of students in high school. Considering, that each student has individual vital problems, the opportunities of development, object of psychologic-pedagogical support of educational process in high school should become internal potential of the future expert.
It is represented to us, that the purpose of psychologic-pedagogical support of personally-professional self-determination of students is actualization and development of individually-psychological potential, satisfaction of need for social and professional self-determination, formation of socially-professional installations, motives, attitudes, the valuable orientations initiating processes of self-development of the person of the future experts.
In our opinion, psychologic-pedagogical support of educational process in high school can be considered as the combinatory technology including as psychological aspect:
- diagnostics of an initial level and dynamics of professional education of students; revealing of character and features of professional installations, expectations, intentions, interests, preferences and values, and also personal opportunities of students;
- the help in development of is professional-personal potential;
- psychological support in overcoming difficulties of independent designing activity and behaviour;
- consultation concerning ability to live;
- assistance in professional self-determination.
As pedagogical aspect psychologic-pedagogical support includes:
- creation of the humanistic educational space directed on integration of attitudes of all subjects of education;
- aesthetisation of spheres and environments of training and education;
- the account of all elements of educational space, including creation highly organized student´s and pedagogical community, optimization of professional partnership of students, teachers and other subjects of teaching and educational process;
- methodical maintenance of educational process.
Realization of psychologic-pedagogical support of educational process is possible at presence of the complex program, in which basis of designing the basic stages (initial, the basic, final) vocational training and education of students in high school can be put. Problems of the initial stage of professional education are: the adaptation of first-year students to conditions and the maintenance of educational process, a place and roles in the general structure of this process; mastering of organizational norms and traditions; inclusion in system of interpersonal communications and attitudes; formation and development of skills of the independent organization of education-cognitive activity.
The decision of these problems assumes use of following means and ways of psychologic-pedagogical support of the initial stage of professional education of students:
1) diagnostics of readiness for education-cognitive activity, motives of the doctrine, valuable orientations, socially-psychological and professional installations, interests, preferences of the person;
2) help in development of educational skills and mastering by technics of self-control, development of forecasts of development of is professional-personal potential of students;
3) psychological support of first-year students in overcoming difficulties of an independent life and an establishment of harmonious mutual relations with classmates and teachers;
4) consultation of the first-year students who are experiencing difficulties and a problem in professional self-determination;
5) assistance in professional self-determination, a choice of new means of strengthening of positive motivation to the future trade;
6) orientation of students to cooperation, their inclusion in parity dialogue.
Allocating the basic postulates of the theory of support, such as necessity of system support, on positive internal potential of development of the student, interaction instead of influence, it is necessary to note its continuous character, a support, that the system of complex support of educational process is while at a stage of becoming.
Despite of it, it is possible to allocate the general invariant attributes:
- the general understanding of support as special kind of the help in search of ways of the sanction of the actual contradictions meeting at the organization of educational process;
- comprehension of necessity of the complex approach provided by command work of experts of various structures: psychologists, teachers, social teachers and medical workers;
- a generality of use of a fundamental method of support in unity of diagnostics, information search, planning, consultation and the primary help in realization of plans;
- understanding of necessity of work in close communication with practical activities of educational establishment;
- presence of base elements of a network: activity of curators, services of support, territorial different types the centers, coordination and methodical services of system.
Introduction of the term "support" does not grow out research experiment-linguistic, its replacement classical - the help, support or maintenance - not to the full reflects an essence of the phenomenon. It is a question not of any form of the help, especially about maintenance, and about such support, in which basis preservation of a maximum of freedom and the responsibility of the subject for the decision of an actual problem lays.
Priority directions of psychological support in high school are:
- the help to the student at a stage of adaptation to process of high school training and to new conditions of a life.
- the help to the student in overcoming problems in training and dialogue with contempoparies.
- the help to the student in the decision of complex social and emotional problems of development.
The model of complex psychological support promotes activization of potential of development and self-development of the subject of vocational training and sets opportunities of its personal self-realization.
The work was submitted to international scientific conference «Prospects for the development of university science», Dagomys (Sochi), 20-23 September 2008, came to the editorial office on 23.07.2008.