Scientific journal
European Journal of Natural History
ISSN 2073-4972

BALNEOTHERAPY AS CHOLELITHIASIS DEVELOPMENT PREVENTION IN DIABETES PATIENTS

Danilova M.L., Trusov V.V.

A high bile passages disease incidence, close anatomical and functional relation of the hepatobiliary system and pancreatic gland make the problem of biliary pathology clinical aspects study at diabetes (D) rather topical one.

In this connection the hepatobiliary system morphofunctional state estimation and "Metallurgist" sanatorium mineral water study have been of a certain scientific interest.

260 I and II D type patients with the concomitant biliary pathology confirmed by laboratory-instrumental methods of diagnostics were included into the examination. The obtained results of the carried out research testify that in 52% of the diabetes concomitant biliary pathology cases the chronic noncalculolis cholecystitis (CNC) has been detected. It is important to note that cholelithiasis and cholecystectomy after condition made the rest considerable part (48%). In connection with this the study of the clinical picture of CNC taking course against diabetes is of great interest, as it is this very stage when the prevention of concrement formation in the biliary tract is possible. A greater value of this problem is found among the patients with II type diabetes, as it is among them CNC was registered in 59% of the cases.

For the purpose of cholelithiasis development prevention all the II type diabetes associated CNC patients were individually prescribed the "Metallurgist" sanatorium sulphate-chloride-natrium low-mineralized mineral water together with the traditional drug therapy. At the efficiency analysis of the carried out course mineral water treatment a great attention was paid to the dynamics of clinical presentations and laboratory-instrumental research methods data. A durable positive curative effect, which was achieved in shorter terms than in the patients having got the drug therapy only, is marked. At the duodenal drainage carrying out after the treatment the bile lithogenicity decrease, disappearance of inflammation signs in the bile passages are registered. The dynamic hepatobiliscintigraphy results showed that drinking spa treatment promotes the hepatocytes´ absorbing-excretive function improvement. According to the dynamic echocholecystography data the evacuation function of the bile cyst improves authentically (Кeff.= 52,33±1,19%, p<0,01) after the mineral water course treatment, and, as a consequence, the rest amount of bilis decreases (Vk=15,46±0,42см3, p<0,01).

The work was submitted to the International Scientific Conference «Diagnostics, therapy, prevention of socially significant diseases rights». Turkey (Antalya), August, 16-23, 2008, came to the editorial office on 23.06.2008.