Studying lactoferrinemia in elderly patients with different bronchopulmonary pathology we carried out a correlation analysis of LF concentration in blood serum and basic showings of immunogram (Table 2). As it is seen from Table 2, positive correlation relationships of different efficacy between the blood serum LF content and concentration of leucocytes in peripheral blood: at CAP (r=0,53, p<0,01), COPD (r=0,34, p<0,01), N(I)BA (r=0,56, p<0,01) and CL (r=0,62, p<0,01).
Between the values of serum LF and the showings of absolute count of lymphocytes and T-lymphocytes positive correlation relationships of moderate efficacy are obtained: at CAP (r=0,57, r=0,55 accordingly, p<0,01), N(I)BA (r=0,54, r=0,51 accordingly, p<0,01), CL (r=0,62,r=0,57 accordingly, p<0,01). The same tendencies in correlation relationships are marked between the contents of LF in the serum and the showings of relative count of T-helpers: at CAP (r=0,54, p<0,01), N(I)BA (r=0,58, p<0,01), CL (r=0,60, p<0,01). These results show that at low values of serum LF the showings of absolute count of lymphocytes and T-lymphocytes, relative count of T-helpers in elderly CAP, N(I)BA and CL patients were low as well. The values of LF in blood serum had weak multidirected and unauthentic (p>0,05) correlation relationship or its absence between the other showings of the immunogram at CAP, COPD and CL. The findings allow considering that low values of LF content in blood serum immediately reflect lack of T-cell component of immune system in elderly CAP, N(I)BA and CL patients.
The results got allow recommending studying LF in blood serum as an additional test for immunologic reactivity of elderly patients with different bronchopulmonary pathology, that will widen possibilities of diagnostics. It is especially important for adequate treatment administration (including immunocorrectors) for elderly patients.
- Pokrovsky V.I., Mikhailenko A.A. Clinical Immunodiagnostics // Reporter of AMS USSR. - 1991. - № 3.-pp..5-9.
- Petrov R.V., Khaitov R.M., Pinegin B.V. Estimation of Immunologic Status of a Human Being Normally and Pathologically // Immunology. - 1994 - №6 - pp.6-9.
- Knorring B.Ye. Immune Status Features as Basis for Pulmonary Diseases´ Prognostication // TB Problems. - 1996.-№ 1.-pp.15-17.
- Vasilyev M.Yu., Avdeyev G.I. Quantity Enzyme Immunodetection of Lactoferrin and Alpha-Lactalbumin in Oncopatients´ Blood Serum // Experimental Oncology. - 1985.-V.3 -№5 - pp.56-60.
- Gabunia R.I., Tkachyova G.A. Radio immunodetection in oncology. - M.: Medicine, 1984.
- Serov V.V., Paukov V.S. Inflammation. - M.: Medicine, 1995. - p.640.
- Tomono K., Hara K. Refratory infections diaseasis in the elderly//Nippon.-Rinsho.- 1994.- vol.52(2).- pp.433-438