The idea of continuing educational process and professional pedagogue work effectiveness tracking arose and practically carried out in the end of 80-s and in the beginning of 90-s in XX century . At the same time, the term "monitoring", which meant continuity, scientific character and diagnosing of this process, became widespread in our country.
Monitoring gives an opportunity to find out the effectiveness of pedagogue professional formation and development process, to get information about object state and to provide with feedback. Taking part in pedagogical monitoring raises the level of teachers culture, stimulates self-examination of their professional formation and development. Pedagogue professional formation and development monitoring was considered as a continuing science-based process of noticing the changes in pedagogue professional work with a purpose to get a clear picture of changes, which happen in the process of professional formation and development at the particular moment. Besides, monitoring gave an opportunity to trace tendencies, to foreknow possible ways of administrative work, directed at positive tendencies support and development. To our mind, monitoring arrangement lets use more effectively a zone of proximal teacher development, understand its weak and strong aspects, and provide necessary administrative assistance.
One of the most important goals in monitoring process is to choose a criterion, which allows to assess the level of pedagogue professional formation. The rule is to distinguish criteria for pedagogical and methodological teacher´s grounding and his practice results estimation. At the present time the following pedagogical professional work diagnostics methods are extensively used: qualitative teacher work results evaluation (Y. K. Babanskiy, A. D. Dementcev and etc.); diagnostics of pedagogue work development level (E. A. Fedorova); teacher practice effectiveness determination (V.P. Simonov), self-diagnosis (E. I. Rogov and etc.) and etc.
The pedagogical monitoring technology of pedagogue professional formation and development, that we presented, was realized on the basis of Stavropol Institute of educationalists advanced training, and consisted of seven interrelated stages:
- A preparatory stage expected an organization and realization of purposeful, systematic information collection according to the criteria of professional work effectiveness (methods: questionnaire poll, observation, testing, document analysis, qualimetric methods).
- On the stage of preliminary diagnostics there were distinguished initial indexes of pedagogue professional work, tendencies, which changes will be tracked in future, and also there were revealed the levels of pedagogue professional formation, the degree of the correspondence between pedagogue professional characteristics and eligibility requirements, also there was distinguished the level of pedagogue professional formation (methods: observation, conversation, documentation analysis).
- Qualifying stage. The main goal of this stage was to distinguish objective and subjective reasons, determining pedagogue professional work effectiveness. There was studied pedagogue employment history, distinguished professional crises and its influence on master formation process, examined colleague, parents, students opinion about the pedagogue professionalism level (methods: sociometric test, conversation, observation, documentation analyses).
- Prognostic stage. Its task was to distinguish the tendencies of pedagogue formation and development process, planning and projection his professional work. There were marked out positive tendencies in pedagogue formation and development process, showed the conditions, according to which, the positive elements would be dominant.
- Occupational and organizational stage meant the organization of the work with a pedagogue, directed on problems liquidation, which were exposed in the professional formation and development. Also there was studied methodological literature, organized arrangements, due dates and reporting documentation. There was organized pedagogue´s participation in different kinds of methodological work (seminars, pedagogical reading and etc.), his study outside of educational institution.
- Correcting stage. For provision pedagogue formation and development process with right course, it was necessary to correct combined actions of pedagogue and educational institution leadership.
- 7. The task of analytical stage was to distinguish the effectiveness of intensional-organizational arrangements with the goal to improve pedagogue professional formation and development process.
In the process of the monitoring technology practical realization we systematically and particularly examined the work of one and the same pedagogues, which illustrated the process of their professional formation and development. This methodology included the following: primary conversation, observation in the process of professional work, final results analysis, consultation, planning of actions, directed on pedagogue professional formation and development perfection.
We have studied thirty professional pedagogue biographies and made up their individual characteristics. We noticed that every specialist in the process of professional formation and development overcame crises, connected with the work, amount of which was purely individual. The distance, which means the transition from the one professional formation level to another, depends on the number of objective and subjective factors.
Basing on the pedagogue eligibility requirements, we chose the indices that showed the correspondence between pedagogue professional formation and development level of teachers in comprehensive school and qualification characteristics: subject knowledge, psychological and pedagogical teaching basis knowledge, organizational forms of diagnostic work with students, approach to the students in the learning process, the ability to define works goals, the ability to plan works, creative relation to teaching, proficiency advancement work, self-development requirements realization. We distinguished three correspondence levels.
First level- minimal, but insufficient (34,76 % of questioned pedagogues, maximum amount of points is 16). A pedagogue knows school subject in programme volume, but admits distortions and mistakes in subject teaching and in examination; has only general notion about modern psychological and pedagogical concepts; efficiently makes changes in the lesson, taking into consideration diagnostic results; does not practically fulfill individual approach to students, sometimes uses additional out-of-school works with poor achievers; the ability to set a goal is poorly formed; plans lesson system, according to the subject, the plans stipulate the achievement of set goals; teaches in compliance with educational program requirements; shows interest in pedagogics, psychology, subject theory novelty, is situated on the stage of stopped self-development.
Second stage- necessary and sufficient (50,12% of questioned pedagogues, maximum amount of points is 40). A pedagogue knows school subject in programme volume very well, follows special and methodological literature; focuses on modern psychological and pedagogical teaching concepts; organically joins diagnostics with teaching material; generally uses individual approach to students; can distinguish only general goals; while planning the work takes into account previous work results, plans the ways of fixation and further development; brings in novelty elements in certain parts of program; uses different kinds of teaching preparation for skill advancement; the existing system of self-development is absent.
Third stage - ultra sufficient (15,12% of questioned pedagogues, maximum amount of points is 60). A pedagogue deeply and variously knows his subject in addition to the program, easily uses special, methodological literature in various fields of knowledge; easily uses in modern psychological and pedagogical teaching conceptions, uses them as a basis of his pedagogical work; knows different kinds of diagnostic methods, technologies of their use, can modify and devise his own diagnostic methods, using scientific approach while making them; systematically studies students´ behavior and uses individual approach in education questions; can clearly formulate concrete goals; the planning character is determined by hard self-adjustment, directed on guaranteed program realization and on achieving results up to level by students; is able to create a new author´s program, concerning academic subject, give it pedagogical explanation and experimental test; deals with research and experimental work; self-development stage is pressing forward.
The main idea in our methodic is determining of weighing up the average rating of pedagogue professional work in comprehensive school. In compliance with it, teacher´s work is planned according to the following functional ways: set task, methodological, pedagogue´s public activity.
The average weighed up rating is calculated by multiplication of each total index of all kinds of work by percentage content in the general activity structure and dividing by 100.
The received results surprised both administration and teaching staff, because everybody supposed their staff as dynamically developed, without different professional problems. The wish to evaluate his work impartially, to reveal the reasons, which cause its result, makes the teacher work on professional problems decision. That is the movement on the way to achieve the mastery by every pedagogue. The speed of this movement will be different, but the most important thing is - this process will follow the path, which will be chosen by the pedagogue.
The realization of pedagogue professional formation and development monitoring technology establishes a success situation for a pedagogue, and it favours humanization and objectification of changes lurking in the process of its professional formation.
- Shishlov S.E., Kalney V.A. Shkola: Education Quality Monitoring.- M.: Pedagogical society of Russia, 2000.-320p.
The work was submitted to VI international scientific conference «Prospects for the development of university science», Dagomys (Sochi), September 21-24, 2009. Came to the editorial office on 10.06.2009.