Over a period of years we have been studying the effects of large molecular wheat bran (WB)BAS percutaneous introduction in vivo in the patients with common pathology using the energy of various precasted physical factors. A series of experimental studies for the purpose of proving the possibility of the WB active components´ penetration through natural (Wistar rats´ skin) and artificial (food cellophane) biological membranes under the influence of ultrasound was followed by the clinical experiment. First, the solids were defined in 100 ml of WB semi-spirituous tincture by means of vaporization of the last on boiling-water bath. The solids made 1,14 %. Then, by means of the silufol chromatography method the main active WB substances were detected in the solids: folic acid, vitamins B1, B2 and B6. The solids content amount in the phyto-ointment containing the WB tincture made 0,093 %, folic acid and vitamins B1, B2 and B6 being chromatographically detected there as well. Then, the WB BAS penetration power was studied. The study was carried out in vitro under the following conditions: 1 g of phyto-ointment was applied to the hair deprived skin and the last was affected by ultrasound with the power of 0,4 W/cm2 in continuous mode for 10 min. The penetrative WB components were defined in clear water subcutaneously by the spectrophotometry method. At the same conditions the WB BAS were defined after ultrasonication of the phyto-ointment applied on an artificial membrane. The investigations showed that under the influence of ultrasound the WB BAS phoresis takes place; however, their content level in the liquid under the skin and cellophane considerably differs on quantitative factors (folic acid, vitamins B1, B2 and B6 content in the liquid under the skin made 0,01 %, under the cellophane - 0,0001 %). In the control experiment (the same conditions, but without ultrasound effect) there were no WB BAS found out under both natural and artificial membranes. The following stage of the experiment was the study of biochemical (glucose and cholesterol level) and immunological factors of blood in 48 intact Wistar male-rats under the influence of ultrasound and WB BAS phonophoresis. The influence was made on the skin of the neck posterior surface for 1 minute and 0,2 W/cm2 intensive, N7, daily. As the contact medium mineral butter and WB BAS phyto-ointment were used. The blood analyses were carried out before the first and after the seventh procedure. The cervical department ultrasonication resulted in the glucose level decrease in blood from 8,85 ± 0,29 to 3,41 ± 0,21 mmol/l (P<0,0001) and cholesterolemia level increase from 2,11 ± 0,08 to 3,08 ± 0,19 mmol/l (P<0,001). The WB ointment phonophoresis resulted in the glucosemia decrease as well from 7,28 ± 0,18 to 4,59 ± 0,25 mmol/l (P<0,001), increasing the cholesterolemia level thereat (a considerable change of the parameter from 2,61 ± 0,13 to 3,09 ± 0,13 mmol/l (P<0,02). The immunological status studies testified that low-frequency ultrasound in the mentioned dosage has a stimulating effect towards phagocytic functions of neutrophils and macrophages, blast-cell transformation, following lymphocytes production and also energy supply of immunological responses (NBT). During the experiment in the group of 24 rats the immunological blood values dynamics under the influence of WB BAS ultraphonophoresis at the identical methods of the procedure was investigated.
The findings testify to:
- the activation of phagocytosis with neutrophil leukocytes (the increase of phagocytic activity of leukocytes (from 42,7 ± 1,21 to 50,4 ± 1,61%; P<0,001); the phagocytic index of leukocytes (from 1,15 ± 0,02 to 2,06 ± 0,44 units; P<0,02); the index of phagocytosis completeness (from 47,2 ± 1,23 to 53,2 ± 1,59%; P<0,02);
- the activation of macrophages (from 46,8 ± 1,56 to 53,9 ± 1,26%; P<0,001), the increase of their phagocytic number (from 1,31 ± 0,06 to 1,69 ± 0,09 units.; P<0,001), the index of phagocytosis completeness (from 44,3 ± 1,29 to 52,7 ± 1,34%; P<0,001);
- the decrease of leukocytes´ number circulating in blood (from 12,1 ± 0,49 to 11,9 ± 0,31 х 109 kl/ml; P>0,8) and increase of lymphocytic level (from с 47,8 ± 1,28 to 54,4 ± 1,23%; P<0,001);
- the mass reduction of the circulating immune complexes in blood (from 18,1 ± 1,03 to 13,1 ± 0,59 units; P<0,001).
- the increase of the HBT-test factor level from 1,19 ± 0,05 to 1,25 ± 0,04 units. (P<0,01);
- the increase of the BTR level to PHA from 1,19 ± 0,04 to 1,41 ± 0,07 units (P<0,001) and BTR level to ConA from 1,11 ± 0,02 to 1,44 ± 0,08 units (P<0,001).
Thus, the presence of the WB BAS phoresis through semi-permeable membranes under the influence of low intensity ultrasound has been proved. Compared to the ultrasound isolated influence the phytophonophoresis in the intact animals is characterized by more vivid hypoglycemizing and immunostimulating effects, the anti-inflammatory effect of the preparation being clearly manifested; its inhibitory influence on the circulating immune complexes (CIC) in blood testifies to the fact.
The work is submitted to the Scientific International Conference «Science, Technology, Innovation», Spain (Costa Daurada), September, 16-23, 2008., came to the editorial office on 28.07.2008.