The given research was carried out for the purpose of detecting antibodies (AB) to benzo[a]pyrene (BP) in breast cancer (BC) carriers and also revealing isoallotypic features of their appearance.
The serum samples of 310 women served as the research material. Among them there were 220 BCC and 90 healthy women.
The content of antibodies (AB) to benzo[a]pyrene (BP) was determined by means of the modified by us method ELISA. The statistic treatment of the results was carried out with the help of standard methods.
In the majority of the researched serum samples we managed to find out the AB to BP of all three classes (IgA, IgM, IgG). However, in the healthy women the specific gravity of serum samples, in which no BP AB of the A class were detected, turned out to be the highest one (8,3%). The content of all three classes AB to BP is authentically higher in the BC carriers than in the healthy. There were no differences on the BP AB levels of all three classes detected between the patients in different stages of the tumor process. Thus, the BP AB are formed both in the healthy and BC patients. At that, the levels of BP AB in BC patients are higher than in healthy women.
In our opinion, to establish a cancerogenes AB critical level, the exceedence of which could be estimated as the sign of cancerogene-protein adducts quantity increase, i.e. as the factor of an individual carcinogenic risk, is extremely important to all practical purposes. For this particular purpose we have analyzed the variational series of the A, M and G classes BP AB content in the healthy women group and on the basis of the t criterion defined the affinity of utmost variants to the general aggregate of the factors. We relatively accepted the BP AB quantity maximum value, higher of which the aggregate variants "fall out" of the variational series on the t criterion, for the upper limit of normal. 4,6 mcg/ml for the A class BP AB, 21,8 mcg/ml - for the G class ones, 38,7 mcg/ml - for the M class - turned out to be such limits. It has been found that the number of women, in which the BP AB content exceeds the relative limit of norm, among the BC carriers is authentically higher (on the c2 criterion) than that among the healthy women.
As a matter of record one can suppose the following:
- BP plays a significant role in the BC pathogenesis not in all, but a part of patients;
- in some healthy women the BP adducts formation with the protein (the result of which is the BP AB appearance) exceeds a certain critical level and that is why the malignant tumor appearance risk is increased in them;
- the quantity of this or that class BP AB depends not only on individual features of the BP metabolism, but also on the immune response gene complement.
- In blood serum of healthy women there are antibodies to BP.
- In BC patients the content of all three classes AB to BP is higher, than in healthy women.
- There are no isoallotypic features of AB to BP at BC revealed.
- An increased content of AB to BP can be a sign of a high oncorisk, but the lack of AB or their low content in the serum is not the sign of a low oncorisk.
- The content of AB to BP in BC patients doesn´t depend on the stage of the tumor disease.
The article is admitted to the International Scientific Conference «Advances in current natural sciences», Moscow, May 13-15, 2007, came to the editorial office on 15.11.07